Bowlhead Green
- Jan 5, 2024
- 3 min read
Updated: Jul 27
The history of Bowlhead Green dates back to the 16th century when it was a small hamlet. The village was named after a local landowner, John Bowlhead, who owned a large estate in the area. See separate entries for Emley Farm and Bowlhead Green Farm.



A view of the Chapel taken from Corner Cottage in the early 1920s. Holly Cottage, formerly Yew Cottage can be seen. It belonged to Heath Hall, the estate of the Yalden Knowles and used to be two cottages.


EMLEY FARM HOUSE
(also see separate entry for Emley Farm)





The barns at Emley Farm. The extensive farm buildings show that in the past a traditional mix of arable and pasture farming was practised.


The driveway of Emley Farm leading to the garage and cart shed, the old granary can also be seen.
EMLEY HILL HOUSE



HEATH HALL FARM

This link, which will not be there forever, was when the house was put on the market in 2023.
CHAPEL COTTAGE


HOLLY TREE COTTAGE

Holly Tree Cottage



BLACKHANGER FARM

Ian and Gill Mclellan, Blackhanger Farm, 1996



BOWLHEAD GREEN FARM

Tom and Grace Ranson, Bowlhead Green Farm, 1997
THE OLD POST HOUSE

Ian and Aly Warner, The Old Post House, 1997
LILAC COTTAGE

EMLEY HILL HOUSE

Emley Hill House and its garden (below), 1997


EMLEY HILL COTTAGE

CORNER COTTAGE & FORGE COTTAGE
A view of Forge Cottage, which dates from the 16th Century, and an anvil stands outside as a memento of the
forge site. Forge Cottage was the home of the Gale family from 1932 to 1938. Miss Fulford built the extension for the Gale family. The little shed housed the engine for the pump of the well of Corner Cottage.

Corner Cottage Forge Cottage
ROBIN HILL

Robin Hill
WYKEWELL COTTAGE



The Clockhouse, 2024 with sales particulars below
GREEN ACRES

HALNAKER HALL

TIMBERS




LOWER HOUSE

Video from when the house was put on the market in January 2026:




