top of page

Dye House Road

  • David Young
  • May 30, 2024
  • 2 min read

Updated: 23 hours ago

WORK IN PROGRESS - Photographs only and see separate entries for The Three Horseshoes, The Old Vicarge, The Village Hall, The Corner, The Clump, The Dye House and Brook and Horn Cottages


FOLDSDOWN


ree
ree

The Patrick Family, Foldsdown, 1997

ree

Surnames of previous owners of Foldsdown include: Parker; Jobson; Matthews


THE VILLAGE HALL

ree


VEAN COTTAGE

ree

ree

Photograph by Sean Edwards


THE OUTLOOK

Reg Fosberry in 1996

The Outlook was originally the workshop of the builder, William Karn Fosberry, he and his family lived at what is now known as Vean Cottage. He eventually converted it into living accommodation. As you can see, a studio was built at the back for the use of his brother-in-law, Henry Tozer, who lived at The Clump when it was a shop and Post Office. Eveline Lance, the artist, rented the house in the summer months, eventually coming to live there permanently in 1929. The studio was then used by her. After the Fosberry family sold Vean Cottage, they moved into The Outlook, where Reg, William's grandson still lives.

Compiled in 1996.


ree
The Outlook faces Thursley Common and lies behind The Clump and Vean Cottage


THE CLUMP

ree


THE CORNER


ree

SAWYERS & THE OLD POST HOUSE


The Old Post House 1932
The Old Post House 1932
c1965
c1965
Sawyers
Sawyers
ree

The Old Post Office was extensively remodelled in 2022

Surnames of previous owners of The Old Post Office include: Davidson; Wonham; Wishart

Surnames of previous owners of Sawyers include: Ellison; Arnold; Gabriel; Sparks; Copeman


THE THREE HORSESHOES

ree


THE WELL HOUSE

ree

THE OLD VICARAGE

ree


STORES COTTAGE

ree
Rodney and Tone Badcock, 1997


OVERDALE and CRICKETS

ree

Crickets, below, was built by the Canadian Army in World War 1 for the recuperation of wounded soldiers and is the original construction. Overdale, above, was built in 1985 and replaced a similar building to Crickets.

ree


SOUTH HOUSE, RED LODGE

ree
Simon, Joyce and Christopher Hall, South House, Red Lodge, December 1966

BROOK COTTAGE & HORN COTTAGE

ree


THE DYE HOUSE

ree

bottom of page